Tuesday, July 24, 2012

¡Hola!

Hmm... this whole blog thing is not coming easily to me. How do you put a name to something when you're really not sure what exactly it is!? I know the name of the place I am going: Santa Cruz, Bolivia. I know a broad idea of what I will be doing: Living at Casa Nuevo Horizonte (a home for girls in various universities around Bolivia) and working at Hogar San Lorenzo (an orphanage). More about the Casa can be found here and about the program that runs the Casa--Keep the Faith--here. Pretty cool place. But my placement is a new placement, and I have no idea what to expect!!

I have been racking (I mean serious rackage) my brain for a name that can be applied to everything and anything that I may experience as my world as I know it changes this September.... But I don't really think that is possible! How can I describe what I will be doing in the home of the fabulous Lake Titicaca? For those of you who don't know, it's pronounced titty-caka . Brought to my attention by none other than my father.... :)
I'm not going to lie... I kind of cheated. The very first sentence of Keep the Faith's "Who We Are" section on their website is "If one travels to Bolivia, you may just become overwhelmed." And I loved it. Overwhelmed.
Overwhelmed, affected, changed, influenced, impaired... (Thanks thesaurus.com).
I'm not even in country yet, and I am feeling these things. With the reality of this hugnormously large step in my life--being away from all of my comfort and security--becoming more and more, for lack of a better word, REAL I have been a roller coaster. My stomach literally does loopty-loops. My emotions even more so.

What a crazily awesome awesome opportunity I have to go and be the loving presence of God to these women and girls in Bolivia. How and the heck did I get chosen? And to be so lucky to have so much support, blessed with great listeners and advisers to help me along my figureouttings. Re-instilling the confidence in myself that, yes, I am capable and worthy. Wow. I am overwhelmed.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just realized my comment didn't post, from like weeks ago! lol.
    Lain, I am so proud of you and so happy to have met you. It is so awesome to watch where God has taken you and I am so lucky to get to be apart of that. I will be praying for you. I love ya sweet friend.
    And who knows, maybe we'll have to make a visit sometime ;-)

    Jenny Morton (Team Hammertime)

    ReplyDelete